Sharing an action item is the fastest way to assign work and keep project stakeholders informed of status updates. Adding shared user(s) is similar to copying someone on an email — it lets the individual(s) follow the status of the action item and contribute project details. Note: Once an action item is shared with someone, that person cannot be removed from the action item by you or anyone else.
There are two ways to add shared user(s) to an action item. The first way is to add the shared user(s) at the time the action item is created. The second way is to add the shared user(s) to an existing action item. Follow the steps below to share an action item with a shared user:
Add Shared User During the Creation of an Action Item
1. Login to your account from either your desktop computer or mobile devise
2. From your home screen select the Action Item button
3. Once you click the Action Item button, you'll be taken to the Action Item Details page
4. Click the dropdown in the upper right select Shared from the menu
5. Once you click Shared from the dropdown menu, you'll be taken to the Action Item Detail page
6. Click on the click the Select a Contact field to reveal your list of contacts
7. Select the name of the person that will be managing the work or select your name to do it yourself. If the person you are looking for is not listed, you must enter him/her into the system.
8. Click the New Contact button to reveal the New Contact Setup form
9. Complete the New Contact Setup form and click the Send button
10. Once the Send button is clicked the new contact will be added to the Select a Contact field
11. Click Save to include the contact to the action item as a shared contact
12. Click Details button to return to the Action Item Details page
13. Fill out the Action Item Details page and click Save. See Creating Action Items for detailed instructions
14. Click the Send button to activate the action item and notify the person assigned and all Shared Users associated with the action item. Helpful Hint: By clicking the Save button, the action item will be saved as a draft.
Add Shared User to an Existing Action Item