At the heart of Common Areas’ software is the idea of managing maintenance and repair teams across one or more locations. A location can be any geographic area that you choose. For example, you can create a location for a property or facility that you manage, a job site that your team is working at, a business that you own, or even a city that you govern. Follow the steps below to create a new Location:
1. Login to your account from either your desktop computer or mobile devise
2. Create a new Location from your home screen
by selecting the green + button and select New Location
Enter the address or name of the Location, and select the correct address from
the options below
4. You may also add a Location by dropping a pin on the map.
Simply browse around the map, click and briefly hold on the spot you would like
to mark as your Location. Click the add button. Handy Hint: If the Location pin
is not in the right place based on the search results, you can drag it to the
precise Location prior to clicking the add button
will be redirected to the Details Page. Enter the name of your Location and
verify the address
the Select a Location Type box to
reveal a preset list of Location types. Handy Hint: Assigning a Locationtype
will help you categorize and label your Locations for hassle-free searches down
7. Click to Add Group(s) box to assign the Location to one or more groups. Handy Hint: A group represents a collection of users that have permission to view, create, assign, or reassign action items associated with a Location. Groups are only available for users who subscribe to the Company Membership. See Creating Groups for detailed instructions.
8. Drag-and-drop an image file on the specified area to set
the Location’s photo, or click the box to locate a file on your computer
Click the Save button to save the Location. Congratulations, you just created
your first Location!